With some of the yarn I bought from my local yarn shop, I made a shrug. THIS shrug to be exact. It's originally supposed to be made from Lion Brand Homespun, but I decided to use something else. Well, I had a bulky weight yarn in my hand at the yarn shop, but the lady told me that it wouldn't be the right stitch count. So I listened to her. I wish I had bought the yarn I originally chose because I ended up have to use the yarn I bought in a double strand, which means I had to go back and buy more when I ran out. And I couldn't just exchange the stuff I bought because it was on sale. That was sort of aggrivating.
Who knows, I may frog this and make something else out of the yarn when I get sick of it. And that is the beauty of homemade garments. I will say that the pattern was very easy, as was the construction (which is why I have no qualms about ripping it out). It really works up very quickly. I'm still working on the other sweater, which I will be sure to share when I'm done.