Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chevron Lace Cardigan

Yikes!  It's been almost 2 months since my last post!  I've been busy with things like defending my thesis, graduating, job hunting, and moving back to NH.  It's certainly been a whirlwind.  But now that the dust is settling, I have some time to catch up on sharing crafty things with you all.  And hopefully I'll have some more free time to craft this summer.

One project that I finished about a month ago was the Chevron Lace Cardigan.  I am really loving how this came out.  I used Rowan Tweed, a wool yarn that I bought from my local yarn shop.  Isn't it pretty?
I used this clip to secure the top of the cardigan, which I almost love more than the sweater:
I actually gave the sweater to my mom.  As much as I love it, I really think it's more her style than mine.  It looks really nice on her, although I haven't cornered her for an action shot yet.  I may make another one for me in a different color.

I highly recommend the pattern.  It was easy to follow and it's easily adjustable to any length or sleeve length.  It make a very hip custom sweater that's sure to fit.

I'm hoping this week that I'll be able to recap some cards I made as well as the travel scrapbook I finished.  How's everyone else doing with their crafts?  What's on your to-do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment