Sunday, March 13, 2011

Local Yarn Shops

Over spring break, I ventured to my local yarn shop for the first time.  It's called Ewe'll Love It!.  And really, I did love it.  I spent most of the time walking around and feeling all the yarns.  Everything was so soft!  I could have easily spend a fortune there, but I tried to behave myself.  I went in with three different sweater patterns and planned to pick a pattern based on the yarn I found.  In the end, I bought yarn to make two sweaters.  I picked THIS shrug and THIS cardigan.

I spent more than I normally would have on a crochet project, but I figured that if I was going to make a piece of clothing it would be worth it to splurge a little.  That and I felt good about supporting a local business.  I even learned about yarns made in my hometown and yarn that's made from recycled cashmere sweaters.  There were really so many neat options.  I really enjoyed chatting with the nice lady in charge of the store.

I found that we also have a local yarn shop here in Maine called Fiberphilia, which I plan on checking out sometime soon.  Do you have a local yarn shop near you?  Have you visited yet?  Careful though, it can be dangerous!  I have finished the shrug and will share it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment